Tuesday, May 07, 2002

the game begins ...

doston !
ahhh !
finally i have got time to pen it down...Yes the game has begun В§
so here is i diary of what all i hav done till now...

THE FLIGHT !
the flight was cool.. and all those who say check in " hrs before schedule departure ..fuck you...the whole deal takes not more than an hours if you have allthe paper and another hour if everything goes wrong so...dont check in before 2hrs . I passed evrything by 10:3Г  and waited till 12 for boarding .IT was a window seat alrite coz i recquested ( the cute)KLM girl for it ..but fuck her... she gave me a seat rite over the wing... so it was useless .the flight was cool...except the landing coz it had to cut throught dense fog an d believe me ...it was shaking .once in ams ..everything was cool...i was the only asian on the ams paris flight so ..and yes it was a delayed flight so...in europe trains r never late ...but planes r very often late !!!

CHARLES DE GAULLE !!!
cdg is as beautifull as u can dream it to be ..the central thing is a dme ..5-6 storey and with lifts all criss crossed ..absolutely beautifull. KLM delaed my BAG and i found it broken so they r paying for it...the guy who came for me ...sandor...is still with me

DAY 1 :
we first went to take my room;its a student hostel room...bieng no better than the IIT hostels ...god help me...as by sandor ...its gonna be a survival excercise ...
BTW everyone in france speaks only frech so sandor is a part time interpretor for me...hes taking care for every thing
then we went for RENAULT HR office ...a chinky is heading it( lots of chinkys and blacks in paris )
after that we went back and i brought some food and stuff for me...
i bought a calling card and still havent figured out how to call home with it coz all the phs r in french and sandor cdnt make an int call( Akshay plzz inform mom about everything)
i left my room soon after sandor left me for the day...Kim has gifted me a city guide and a travel ticket for the month so i decided to use them...i found that i want to go to the TOUR EFFIEL ... so ther i was in 10 min ...and guess wat ..i found many indian ...lots of them...(trying to )sell little towers to all.it was gr8
The tower is much bigger than i thought ...and it was this moment when i said it loud .....FUCK YOU BASTARD ....I'M IN PARIS ... then i walked around siene river ...seeing people do things ...
i was tired ... so i decided to return ...
and then i slept....

DAY 2:
sandor picked me from my room at 9 and we left for EGIDE...the group who r paying me ...its a fundu office and good thing is they work only from 9 to 2.
soon from there i'm here in Technocentre( a tip : dont ride taxis it cost you 10euros for 5 km...sandor paid for it)

THE TECHNOCENTRE:
its the place i'll be working at....must confess it is one of the most beautiful building i have seen ( will get you photos for confirmation
itsbigger than IIT D & K combined ...ho_uses office for more than 10000 people ....has 10 restaurants ( all subsidesed), book shop , an apprel shop ( clothes with renault monogram)...a barber shop...and god knows wat else ...
i have my own space ...a cubicle ...which in short is a bigger office than geetu didi's room..a comp as well with a central admin...so might not have Ymess or msn ...


So...am in technocentre ..in my office ...and next 5 days r holl in france so...next mail will be on mon ...with the next news...

and yes since everthing is french ..including the OS and the keyboard ... its not going to be the easiest of the games ...

so good bye and best of luck to all for similar experiences
luv u al
ashish